Saturday 4 November 2017

Colifoam

Every now and then I get some inflammation in the 3 cms of rectum that I have left, I used to keep it under control with azacol suppositories but a few years back I found that hydrocortisone rectal foam called Colifoam worked much better and I only had to use it once a year or so. Unfortunately while I was in India this inflammation started up and I started bleeding from my bum, I went to the small pharmacy in Dharamsala but of course they didn't have any and directed me to the hospital. It's only a small amount of bleeding so I decided it wasn't worth it and that I would wait until I got back to the UK in about 3 weeks time. I got my old GP to send a prescription to my old pharmacy in Canary Wharf and headed over there on the way to crash at my friend's apartment, who kindly put me up for a few days when I got back. Unfortunately the pharmacy had messed up and lost my prescription and later told me they couldn't even get hold of Colifoam, despite being the largest pharmacy chain in the UK. I vaguely remember that someone told me in the past that they had stopped making it. I was a bit concerned as I was only in London for the weekend and wouldn't be able to go back to my GP to get a different prescription for something similar. When I got back to my parents' place on the Monday I tried to get an emergency GP appointment but it turns out that they are even more unhelpful these days than they used to be. They just told me either that they didn't have any appointments or that I would have to come in and fill in some forms before being able to wait for an appointment. Luckily I then phoned around some pharmacies and managed to find one that had some supplies left. Turns out they had loads in stock because they bulk bought it, so I know where to go in a years time.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic on coloplast sensura

    ReplyDelete