Monday 10 April 2017

Phone got stolen!

I'm sorry I haven't updated for a long time! This is partly because my phone got stolen but mainly because I've been having too much of a good time :)
Every now and then I have been treating myself to a private room rather than staying in shared dorms and I was super lucky the other day when I stayed chatting in the common area even though I knew I had a leak. When I got back to my room to change I had almost blown through the whole thing! It's so much easier to do a change in a proper bathroom at the sink rather than having to change in shared showers and toilet cubicles.
That reminds me; I didn't bring enough dry wipes with me because I thought I could buy them out here but it doesn't seem like you can. So I bought two packets of baby wipes; one for cleaning up and the second I will let them dry out so I can use them for to dry the skin before applying a new bag.
I went on a half day climbing trip on railay beach, that was really good but I also got a leak that day too. It seems to happen when wearing the sensura one piece so I think I just need to always wear the two piece. That reminds me! I was wearing a two piece that was a few days old, I've started this trick of using [medical] tape to patch up the flange after a few days when it starts to unstick in order to get an extra day or two of wear (they are usually lasting about 2 days without this and 3-4 days with this approach). I was on a boat tour in Ao Nang and dived head-first into the water from the long tail boat. My bag almost ripped completely off! I was wearing the under/swimwear from white rose collection which is pretty tight, so I kinda managed to secure if on just using the waistband of those and my swimshorts, and luckily it wasn't long after that when we stopped for dinner and I changed in the toilet cubicle. I was so glad I had a change with me! I've started keeping individual wrapped changing kits so it's super easy to pop one into a day bag or grab one to change in the shared bathrooms that you get in hostels.
One other thing is that I went to a pool party on Koh Phi Phi, I felt pretty self conscious there in case anyone noticed my under-swimwear. I'm the end no one mentioned it so hopefully it wasn't obvious and I met some nice (drunk?) Canadians to hang with for the rest of the night.
On that note, only two people have noticed the under swimwear
 and asked me what it is; the first one came from a tactless Italian guy, who asked loudly in front of everyone on the boat trip and left me a bit flustered (I'm not exactly confident and experienced at explaining at the best of times) the second one was from a nice bloke called Bob.
Bob: what's that? A stoma?
Me: Yep
Bob: really?
Me: Yep. Crohn's disease.
That's it. Easiest explanation ever.
I'm rambled on for long enough so I'll leave you with one last thought; I'm loving the beday thing (bum gun!) you get in every Thai toilet. No need to use TP just rinse the opening and go.


No comments:

Post a Comment