Friday 28 April 2017

Massage, 4/20 and trekking

It was my first full body (thai) oil massage, which I mainly did because a friend was going, otherwise these places make me feel a bit uncomfortable (maybe because of the stoma, maybe I just have intimacy issues)
Anyways I was really annoyed that afterwards I found I had a leak, probably from when I was lying on my front. Apart from the boat diving incident this is the first time I've had a leak whilst wearing the SenSura Mio 2 piece bags. I think I might have run out of them now...
The other notable thing that happened is that it was 4/20 which I'm told is international weed smoking day, so I thought I'd have a bit. I'm not usually that into it but once in a while doesn't hurt. I feel uncomfortable with drugs that completely disable you, which kinda happened -I sparked out in a hammock for a while and hopefully if I'd needed to I could have made it to the toilet, I really really really didn't want to get up! As well as all kinda of crazy thoughts going on in my head and feeling really unsociable meant that I didn't particularly enjoy the session that much.
Finally the last thing I did before heading back to Bangkok to fly home was to go trekking for 2 days in the North Thai jungle (well it wasn't that jungley, it was a national park). This turned out to be a bit of a bad idea because I got diarrhea the night before. One thing I didn't want is to be in the jungle with no toilets, 35 degree heat and an upset stomach. I had to spend 2 days battling dehydration and feeling exhausted. I was super glad that I didn't actually have to 'use' the few toilets that there were available because I don't know how to use a squat toilet!
The diarrhoea continued after the trek while I'd already booked the overnight bus to Bangkok, again not the place you want to use the toilet! And I felt too exhausted when in Bangkok to actually do anything, so booked a super nice, chilled hostel to spend the day before flying home. On the advice of the pharmacist in Bangkok, I bought some oral antibiotics. Thankfully my stomach improved during the flight home so I'm hopeful that it was just traveller's tummy, not the start of a flair up.

No comments:

Post a Comment