Thursday 29 June 2017

London Naked Bike Ride

A beautiful girl has told me recently that I 'should' be more confident, less insecure about my bag and care less about what people think. So a few days after that a friend mentioned that the London naked bike ride was happening soon, I thought this would be a good opportunity to get right out of my comfort zone and get my bag out in public and hopefully get more comfortable in my body.
To start with, this was a useful conversation to have with my friend because his ex, who I also know, has a bag and this is another ostomate that I now know in London (I am hoping to start more of a community here).
Secondly, of course I was anxious to first take my clothes off, I think most people were, but I particularly noticed that a guy pointed at me and I assumed he was pointing at the bag and saying to his friends 'look at that wierd thing' or something like that. But the twist is that the guy came over to talk to me later in the ride and told me that I am really good looking and he was pointing at me to tell his friends how hot I am! Talk about challenging my beliefs!
Next I told a journalist my story whilst we were riding and I explained that I was doing it to be more comfortable with my body. He seemed to be relatively interested in my story.
The rest of the ride was fun, but pretty uneventful, no one else mentioned the bag to me.
Overall I'm glad I did it but we'll see how much difference it makes to my confidence and self acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment