Monday 13 February 2017

Preparing to Leave

Less than 2 weeks before I fly to Thailand!! Super excited (and apprehensive!)
Here's what I've been up to:
  • Got myself a Thai tourist visa
  • My flat is all packed up, all my stuff is in storage
  • Lots of goodbye lunches/coffees/drinks with various friends
  • Received a very large supplies order, containing my new favourite bags (more below!)
  • Asked GP for a large prescription of Azathioprine
  • Received a large order of Humira
  • Spoken to consultant and stoma nurse
  • Tried an improv class
Still to do:
  • Get Loperamide and Dioralyte
  • Travel insurance
  • See my Bro
  • Do a final pack of my backpack
It has felt very busy!

I saw this great guide from the White Rose Collection about going on holiday that has some good tips and advice: http://www.whiterosecollection.com/Articles/Holidays-With-An-Ostomy. It also links to this article about the World Assist Alliance, which I never knew about before.

I tried using the SenSura Mio mechanical 2 piece bag last week and I was super happy that it lasted a whole 6 days without needing to be changed (and could have lasted longer as there were no problems when I changed it). I think it's because the mechanical part keeps the bag away from the stoma, helping to reduce potential pancaking. So I ordered a few to take with me - if they always last that long I will only need to change 10 times in my whole trip! The only problem I have is that the opening is a bit more tricky (can be a bit messy) then other bag manufacturers.

If I've forgotten anything I need to do, or if you have any tips on Coloplast bags, let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment